Thursday, December 25, 2008

Furnished For Every Good Work

Scripture: Psalms 119:169-176

Song: Take My Life, And Let It Be

Paul tells us that because the Scriptures are God-breathed they furnish, or equip, unto every good work. He was not the first to express that sentiment. The songwriter of Israel said it too.

Need understanding? It’s in the Book. “Give me understanding according to Your word,” said the psalmist. The Bible dispels all mysteries.

Need a lifeline? It’s in the Book. “Deliver me according to Your word,” wrote the prophet of God. The Bible points to the way of salvation.

Need acceptable worship? It’s in the Book. “My lips shall utter praise, for You teach me Your statutes.” The Bible tells you how to approach God.

Need advice for the wayward? It’s in the Book. “My tongue shall speak of Your word, for all Your commandments are righteousness.” The Bible will make you a counselor to the wayward soul.


Need a helping hand? It’s in the Book. “Let Your hand become my help, for I have chosen Your precepts.” The Bible is help from heaven. It lifts the fallen. It rescues the perishing. It points the way.

Need a revival? It’s in the Book. “I long for Your salvation, O Lord, and Your law is my delight.” The Bible returns you to the joy of your salvation.

Need a way back? It’s in the Book. “I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Your servant, for I do not forget Your commandments.” The Bible is the Shepherd’s voice. It shows the way back home.

Need something? It’s in the Book. And if it’s not, you never really needed it. You only thought so.

Jason Moore